Social media is an important part of any marketing communications plan. Every demographic is now using social media and It’s been a part of my entire career. In 2009 I founded the social media accounts for the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and have overseen the accounts for Yampa Valley Medical Center and Old Town Hot Springs.
At Old Town Hot Springs extensive use of social media was used to communicate and influence stakeholders. The organization has three main stakeholders. 1) Ski season and summer tourists who may be interested in a daily visit to the hot springs. 2) Local members of the community who are or could potentially be members of the facility. 3) Potential donors.
With Yampa Valley Medical Center I helped position the organization as the experts and leaders of healthcare in Northwest Colorado. From cancer treatment to sports injuries, and hip replacements to the birthing center, there were numerous service lines to support to the community. Social media played an important role in this process.
At the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, there was a significant amount of national interest regarding anti-doping cases against athletes. News media were heavily interested in the information that the organization was disseminating and sports fans of all types followed social media accounts and held discussions following the organization’s actions.
Highlights of social media marketing include:
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest among others.
- Extensive organic social media experience including posts, stories, events, photos, videos, contest, etc.
- Paid social media campaigns including extensive use of Facebook (includes Instagram) social media advertising platform.
- Paid YouTube targeted videos
- Geo-targeted campaigns
- Remarketing social media campaigns using web pixels to target visitors to specific pages on websites
- Understanding of Facebook audiences
- Use of twitter to disseminate important information to the media and stakeholders
- Extensive photography experience and skills.