This specific page is built to display like a resume and will have difficulty displaying correctly on a mobile browser. Please view my resume on a larger device or click the download PDF button.
Capital Campaign Solutions
Marketing Consultant / Contractor
January 2020 – Present
- Provide marketing, writing, website and graphic design support services for nonprofits and small businesses.
- Completely redesigned www.archwayhousing.org within the WordPress platform providing the client a more clean and modern, mobile-responsive website with a user friendly content management system to provide future content updates.
- Provided Archway Housing website consulting services including Google Analytics, SEO and donation payment integration among others.
- Launched a new website for Personalized Home Wellness (www.personalizedhomewellness.com) and worked with the client to optimize services information for search engine results, integrate customer contact forms and reviews and write engaging blog content.
- Helped Global Warming Mitigation Project launch its Climate Change Ally fundraising campaign including providing marketing support.
- Interviewed GWMP interns to write 10 blog posts telling the stories of climate change advocates and their impacts around the world.
Old Town Hot Springs
December 2016 – December 2019
Steamboat Springs, CO
- Directed the organization’s integrated marketing communications plan including creation and execution of annual marketing budget.
- Oversaw comprehensive digital marketing strategies including a strong focus on web content enhancement, search engine optimization, digital advertising channels, email communications, social media campaigns, and video marketing.
- Helped organization consistently exceed revenue growth goals in its two most important categories; daily tourism admissions and health club memberships by branding Old Town Hot Springs as the premier health, wellness and family recreation facility in Steamboat Springs.
- Led new website overhaul and migration into WordPress platform to provide a robust and mobile responsive hub for organization’s digital content, growing visitors to www.oldtownhotsprings.org by more than 60% in three years, including a 33% increase in search traffic.
- Developed effective email marketing program to strategically target 12,000 stakeholders increasing clickthrough rates by 10%.
- Ran extensive organic and paid social media program including remarketing campaigns to increase tourism, memberships and donations.
- Managed the production of all printed marketing materials including brochures, membership materials, magazine and newspaper ads, annual report, facility flyers, coupons and more including significantly reducing design budget by utilizing own Adobe design skills.
- Extensively analyzed customer and membership data from point of sale software, web analytics, social media, emails and other sources to implement important organizational changes including pricing, sales and promotions, program details and advertising messaging.
- Overhauled the pricing structure and marketing campaigns for several key membership categories including annual adult memberships and the ski season membership resulting in more than 100% revenue growth in each category, accounting to more than $100,000.
- Managed all marketing vendors and services including videographers, photographers, graphic designers, web vendors, printers and more.
- Delivered organization’s nonprofit, capital campaign and development marketing materials increasing charitable donations and community relations.
Marketing / Grant Writing Contractor
January 2016 – December 2016
- Identified, researched, wrote and applied for grant opportunities for the organization to sustain its adaptive climbing programs including successfully securing three grants and $30,000 worth of funding over four months.
- Generated marketing materials for the organization including writing and editing brochures, social media, blog posts and web content consistent with the organization’s message to empower adaptive athletes in reaching their full potential.
- Served as project manager for numerous marketing initiatives including working closely with external printers, graphic designers and consumer product vendors to ensure projects are completed accurately and by deadline.
- Performed search engine optimization and marketing analysis providing recommendations and opportunities for improvement.
- Consulted closely with organization’s executive director to identify new marketing and fundraising strategies.
Yampa Valley Medical Center
Marketing & Communications Specialist
September 2014 – October 2014
Steamboat Springs, CO
- Responsible for marketing and communications strategy to position Yampa Valley Medical Center as the healthcare leader and first choice in service for the residents and visitors of northwest Colorado.
- Supported marketing and communication efforts for all hospital service lines including cancer, surgical, new mobility, cardiology, Sports Med, women’s health, emergency, maternity, radiology and occupational health among others.
- Managed content for hospital’s website including, strategy, planning, writing content, management of vendors and budgeting.
- Directed the organization’s social media brands including creation, management and implementation of content calendar.
- Oversaw the hospital’s email communications program including marketing content development; integration of customer relationship management system; and growth and management of more than 15,000 contacts and leads.
- Managed search engine optimization and advertising program including $2,500 monthly Google AdWords budget.
- Coordinated media relations efforts including facilitating interviews with medical staff and doctors; proactive promotional outreach; overseeing media site visits, drafting press releases, statements and talking points; and providing hospital facts and figures to the media.
U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)
June 2009 – September 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
- Supported all aspects of organization’s internal and external strategic communications and marketing efforts.
- Responsible for creation and management of written and visual content for company’s multiple websites.
- Independently redesigned and reorganized USADA’s corporate website (2015 AVA Digital Awards winner), including migration of all content to user-friendly CMS, drastically reducing organization’s dependence on external website and design vendors.
- Founded USADA’s social media brands including multiple Twitter, Facebook and YouTube efforts; development and implementation of company’s social media policy; and content management through first four years of the programs.
- Created and managed USADA’s search-engine-optimization (SEO) and search-engine-marketing (SEM) programs to increase website traffic 400% over four years including obtaining and maintaining $10,000-a-month Google Grant advertising campaign.
- Responsible for day-to-day media relations initiatives including writing press releases, talking points and media statements; responding to media inquiries and cultivating media relationships; and researching and pursuing proactive media opportunities.
- Led USADA’s email communications program including overseeing HTML email content development; managing design and technology vendors; maintaining contact relationship management (CRM) database; and overseeing web form submissions and integration.
- Helped guide organization’s strategic public relations efforts during Lance Armstrong doping investigation.
September 2008 – May 2009
- Coordinated promotional campaigns and media relations efforts for Fortune 500 clients in the healthcare and technology industries including Eli Lilly, Gilead, CVS, Pfizer, Charles River Laboratories, Genentech, Palomar Medical Technologies, Monster.com, Verizon Wireless, Iron Mountain, and Osram Sylvania.
- Led Verizon Wireless’ national press release distribution program and served as media point of contact.
- Worked with consumer technology publications to deliver Verizon Wireless products for review and features articles.
- Helped develop content for press kits, press releases, media advisories, byline articles, advertorials and executive talking points.
- Researched appropriate communication avenues, including blogs and social media targets for proactive promotional outreach.
- Monitored and analyzed client media coverage and prepared reports highlighting positive media coverage and campaign effectiveness.
Public Relations Intern
May 2008 – September 2008
- Researched and compiled media lists, editorial calendars and executive talking points.
- Drafted materials for press releases, fact sheets, media kits and media briefing documents.
- Monitored local and national media and compiled media coverage and ROI reports for clients.
- Researched media and consumer trends and helped develop appropriate pitching angles.
Conducted extensive new business research highlighting agency’s capabilities.
January 2008 – May 2008
- Interacted with account executives assisting with all aspects of daily client operations.
- Attended brand strategy meetings and helped brainstorm creative marketing tactics.
- Researched target markets, product landscapes, consumer trends, perceptions and attitudes.
- Wrote press releases, pitched news stories and generated press coverage for clients.
United States Olympic Committee
Public & Media Relations Intern – Office of the Chief Communications Officer
July 2007 – December 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
- Served as content and editorial assistant for Olympic Beat Magazine.
- Produced weekly Shout it Out and Sports Scene announcements promoting Olympic athletes and teams.
- Helped determine ticket sales marketing plan for the 2007 World Boxing Championships in Chicago.
- Handled media relations for the official NBC television shoot promoting the 2008 Olympic Games.
- Responsible for media relations effort surrounding the 2007 Pan American Games held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
University of South Carolina – Columbia, South Carolina
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communications – May 2008
Program Skills and Experience
Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, Illustrator, Premier Pro and Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Yoast SEO, Hosting Platforms, Microsoft Office, G Suite, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Advertising, Marketo CRM, HTML