At its essence public relations refers to managing one’s relationship with various groups of important stakeholders.
With a degree in public relations I have spent my entire career working to understand how individuals interact with companies, small organizations and brands. I’ve worked for two of the largest public relations firms in the world before focusing on smaller organizations.
My experience in public relations has been mostly focused on the media and include the following highlights and experiences.
- Responsible for Old Town Hot Springs’ national, state and local media presence including pitching stories to tourist-focused magazine and outlets, acting as a liaison fo journalist visits to the facility and providing media with information, facts, photos and resources.
- Worked Yampa Valley Medical center pitching positive stories to the Steamboat Pilot & Today.
- Wrote weekly medical column for Yampa Valley Medical Center and monthly fitness column for Old Town Hot Springs.
- Served as a spokesperson for numerous organizations including the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, Yampa Valley Medical Center and Old Town Hot Springs, providing organizational an executive quotes to the media.
- Helped guide the strategic public relations strategy during the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency Lance Armstrong Investigation.
- Worked with countless national and global publications and media outlets distributing information and statements regarding sanctioned U.S. Athletes as well as coordinating with the CEO to provide media interviews.
- Have written hundreds of press releases for the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, Yampa Valley Medical Center, Old Town Hot Springs, Verizon Wireless and more.
- Was a part of Verizon Wireless’ national press release distribution program and served as media point of contact.
- Worked with consumer technology publications to deliver Verizon Wireless products for reviews and features articles.
- Played an integral role in the United States Olympic Committee’s 2007 Pan American Games media relations efforts.